Re: Out of the Black, Into the Blue

Message posted by Sundog on October 11, 2004 at 17:51:47 PST:

Hi Peter,
I wasn't questioning the accuracy of your reporting, I was just wondering if anyone had more information, in regard to the altitude record, that they had heard from other sources/places is all. Let's just say your story has definitely peaked my interest more, since I hadn't realized there were that many classified "manned" aircraft programs.

I mean, I have heard of the triangular manned aircraft (Sneaky Pete/TR-3?), the other triangular aircraft with a lower aspect ratio that is reportedly really quiet (The GD model 100), a hypersonic manned aircraft, and supposedly a very stealthy tail-less fighter (I haven't figured out if that was supposed to be a reference to the BoP at the time). Then the reports that one of them is somewhat operational, reportedly the GD Model 100 out at Tonopah. But there are so many rumors, I would have no idea which to believe. But that's only four types. So your report I found highly interesting, thanks for reporting it!

It tells me that all of these spotters here are falling down on the job ;)...lol. j/k, guys. Keep up the great work guys. :)

BTW, do any of you spotters ever go up to Tonopah to see if you can catch a glimpse of what is flying out of there at night? I didn't know if there was some sort of camera or binoculars you could use, to see well at night, even without moonlight. Probably something in the IR range, but you have to be the Government to afford it.

In Reply to: Re: Out of the Black, Into the Blue posted by Peter Merlin on October 06, 2004 at 9:23:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]