Re: Questions Regarding Camping

Message posted by lone wolf on August 09, 2004 at 1:21:36 PST:

1) Not very big, maybe 20ft by 15ft, with rocky out croppings.
2) Look at the panoramics on the net.
3) The handiest things I've found on Tikaboo are those green glow sticks. They keep the mice away, plus you don't trip on the rocks as you move around. Everything else is kind of obvious, like water (about 8 liters). A walking stick would be a good idea if you aren't carrying a tripod or monopod.
4) A wrangler would be fine. You can do Tikaboo in a car, but I have read more than a few stories about flats in the trip report section. Hopefully the jeep will have off-road tires.

If you are going to do this in November, I sure hope it is Novermeber 1st versus the 31st. If you expect to see a test at the base, you need to do your Tikaboo Horoscope, i.e. pick a time where there will be no moon present for at least an hour or two. The first week of November is fine regarding darkness. Regarding the cold, I suggest a down jacket. I have one of those hats that insulate your ears. It could be very close to freezing on top of Tikaboo in early November. The peak should be about 9 deg C colder than the ground temp. There are websites with historical temperature data that you can use as a reference.

I camped out during October on Tikaboo and it wasn't pleasant.

In Reply to: Questions Regarding Camping posted by Mike Larson on August 09, 2004 at 0:45:42 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]