Re: Ad Banners

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on August 09, 2004 at 1:09:34 PST:

If there were any donations worth mentioning there could be fewer ads. I have to finance this site somehow, and unfortunately my current situation does not allow me do pay for the expenses out of my own pocket.

I have selected the least intrusive form of ads. I am not running any InVue ads, very few interstitials, and the Pup-under intervals are quite long. On other sites you get a pop-under for every page you open. I have also disabled some of the most annoying banner ads.

I have been offering books through Amazon.com for a long time. Sales are virtually nonexistant. I have mentioned many times that, if you use our link for ANY purchases at Amazon.com, you help the Dreamland Resort and it does not cost you a penny. Still nothing.

My latest attempt, offering GPS units through Amazon.com, did not sell a single unit.

Bottom line, unless there is a significant increase in donations, there will be ads. The alternative would be shutting down the site, which would free up a lot of my time that I could use for more rewarding things.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

In Reply to: Ad Banners posted by kranky on August 08, 2004 at 17:50:51 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]