Questions Regarding Camping

Message posted by Mike Larson on August 09, 2004 at 0:45:42 PST:

Hi All-
I am thinking of a camping trip out there on Tikaboo Peak in October or November. I am posting to get some of the seasoned hiker/camper thoughts. I know it tends to get fairly cool around that time of year but wanted to know if people still go then. I was out at the Little A'LE'Inn a few years ago for a November Green Flag (I am Air Force & Green Flag is now history, there all Red Flags now). I was with my friend who is a location scout and we had a blast.

A few questions I have to ask:
1. How big is the area for camping at the peak?
2. How good is the view of Area 51 with a telescope from the peak?
3. Any items I should bring which some of you have learned through trips to bring?
4. I am planning on renting a Jeep Wrangler for the trip, will this be appropriate?

I want to bring my wife out there to experience how beautiful the land is there and the experience of Area 51. I think it would be cool if we could get a group of like-minded people to start planning camping trips up there a few times a year (Sorta like a club). It would be a blast to hear stories, and start a friendship with people all across the country.

Anyways, looking forward to feedback and getting back out to Rachel. The people at the Little A'LE'Inn are awesome. I had a great experience last time and can't wait to go there and grab a bite to eat.

Looking forward to many more post, and many new friends.

Mike

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]