Message posted by R6413Utah on August 06, 2004 at 20:05:54 PST:

I have a mish-mosh web site called r6413.com and r6413.net (still has a long way to go). The site is a mish mosh of stuff (very small for the hobbiest. (rc cars air cannons plans to teach a ferrit to attack your mother-in-law etc. etc. A few years ago I had an artical about a new laser the DOD was testing that took out a 120mm shell at 5 miles. Big ugly laser (looked like the worlds biggest land survey site), Would love to find that artical again.

Now as for 2006, A close friend of mine has a small time share in Vegas and he recently made the trip out to Rachel (the poor ba%^$# even got married by Elvis), we are in central Florida and in my back yard is Macdill We do a little bird watching every now and then and sometimes we have even seen maybe once or twice a year one of your J birds making a migration down this way. and ocassionally we get to see a new fangled green tracking beem bounce off the clouds, SF teams at pratice.

But getting to the point, the action looks much better on your part of town and we are planning a trip out that way sometime in 2006. Thinking of doing a little fishing at Green River then head over to the nesting grounds outside of Tucson and then then finnaly to the Bird nursery in NE Nellis.

What is the best time of the year to come, We live in Humid nasty 90 degree weather at 100% humidity (I don't mind the cold). We would like to come out and maybe spend a night looking for bats in the night sky out by Rachel. What gear do you suggest and/or if there is some kind of group event we would be interested.

Thanks again

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]