Interesting article in Wired (new dirigible)

Message posted by Sundog on July 26, 2004 at 19:00:36 PST:

On page 28 of the August 2004 issue they talk about DARPA working on a program to demonstrate new technologies for a modern dirigible, code named Walrus, that could deploy a "Unit of Action" (1800 troops and their equipment) where needed (It would have a range of 6000 miles and could alight on land or water or just hover in the sky, I guess). They state they plan to study break through technologies for it, such as "static ion propulsion."

I find this interesting, because I have been greatly interested in the classified military dirigibles currently operated by the U.S. Military, the large black rectangular hybrid aircraft being the most popular. The reason I find it really interesting is because I wonder if some of the classified dirigibles aren't currently using such a propulsion system.

In fact, it's a shame we don't have any readers based near Boscombe done in England. There was a reported UFO sighting over Stone Henge (Near Boscombe Downe) where the person reported a large black triangular UFO which moved off toward Boscombe Downe (He said a secret military installation in the article, but I'm willing to bet that was it). He reported that it moved just like a dirigible. In fact, I'm shocked at how many "Cigar" shaped UFO's are reported over restricted military zones and the fact that many pilots seem not to understand that they are just new dirigibles, although I suppose some might be blimps. Perhaps with more and more of them showing up in the declassified world, we'll get to see what some of the classified one's look like soon.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]