OK...here it is. What is it?

Message posted by Will on July 18, 2004 at 9:47:51 PST:

I don't know what's up with the coordinates, every time I enter them, it takes me to a different place.

I found it at 8-meter. Here's how:
Go to www.terraserver.com. Click on "Special Interest", and then "Area 51. Choose the "SPIN-2" link.

You should be looking at a 32-meter image of Groom Lake. You will notice that it is rotated about 90 degrees to the right.

Zoom out to 64-meters to get a better field of view. Pan two times with the "north" button(you will actually be panning west) and you will see the "runway" at the right center of the image in the valley. You can pan and zoom in to 8-meter resolution. (Unless you are a Terraserver subsciber...maybe you can zoom further.)

Now the question....can this possibly be a runway? It appears to follow the contour of the hills....but it doesn't look like it's been used for target practice.

lonewolf, sorry about the blah,blah,blah...but as I said, I couldn't get repeatable results from any of the image servers.

Will (NorCal)

In Reply to: Re: Chesire airstrip.....coordinates correction & more. posted by Will on July 18, 2004 at 8:30:33 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]