Re: contamination area from test site

Message posted by lone wolf on July 04, 2004 at 22:27:29 PST:

The link has some documents that will answer your questions. You may also want to google "downwinder". To my knowledge, no site in the US has been deemed uninhabitable due to fallout. Of course there are hot spot right where the nuke went off that you would not like to live.

For areas specifically around Groom Lake, the Sedan test had the most fallout, hitting Queen City Summit. Schooner was second, and Des Moines third. The fallout was either at Queen City Summit or the high area near the Nye-Lincoln border, just south of Queen City Summit.

The other problem associated with the tests is "hot water", i.e. plumes of water that are a bit radioactive. These plumes flow towards the west. If you drive around the borders of the NTS, you can find monitoring wells to track the plumes. They are on public land, but fenced off. I found one to have a pool of radioactive water right near the fence and decided to get out of Dodge City rather quickly.

Attached link: nts info

In Reply to: contamination area from test site posted by Herb on July 03, 2004 at 13:15:59 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]