Re: Interstellar Space Travel

Message posted by Andreas Parsch on July 02, 2004 at 14:09:50 PST:

I know I shouldn't do this, but anyway ;-) ...

What you mean is known as "wormholes", i.e. a "tunnel" in space-time which directly links two points in space-time with an arbitrarliy big "conventional" distance.

> Does anyone have any GREAT links for this topic.

Ask google ;-).

> I am totaly into this and think that it is very possible,

Wormholes are not forbidden by GTR (General Theory of Relativity), but "very possible" is a hopeless exaggeration! To prevant a wormhole from collapsing instantly, you need matter with certain "exotic" properties (with "negative energy density", to quote the technical term). No such type of matter is known to modern physics, and neither does any of the more advanced but unproven theories readily predict such matter. And even _if_ exotic matter existed, wormholes may still be unstable because of quantum effects (some excellent physicists are undecided on that issue, so _I_ will certainly not risk a guess ;-) ).

> and that is how beings from othere places are ariving here so quickly, and that would explain the quick get aways, [...]

If ou are talking about suddenly disappearing UFOs - no way! Wormholes in the vicinity of the earth (let alone within the atmosphere!) would be _very_ noticable for us. They would have properties very similar to black holes.

Regards
Andreas

In Reply to: Interstellar Space Travel. posted by Drakkens_Fire on July 01, 2004 at 12:17:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]