Re: Presidential Security Clearance Question

Message posted by Wayne on June 24, 2004 at 2:20:23 PST:

Even if I am not a U.S. citizen I very much doubt the fact that the president "knows" everything - I remember that once in another board I read about the handling of classified informations on a need to know basis - so regarding the fact that the president has a lot of things to deal with how much is he being told of without demanding it? I think there are definetly people within the government that have to know more on specific topics than the president - just beacuse not everything needs to be discussed with him.
When I think about the time when a new president enters the White House there have to be people around that brief him and advise him on all the important things going on - but will a president really start and investigate about Area 51 or the Kennedy case or whatever else his secret services etc. do(or have done) at the moment?
Who decides what the president really kneeds to know?
Sorry if this sounds like a lot of speculation but I am always reminded of the Independence Day Movie where some guy on board of the Air Force 1 asks about the UFO`s and Area 51 and the president says thats just a hoax and his advisor has to correct him ;-)
Greets
Wayne
P.S.: Sorry for any mistakes - no native speaker...

In Reply to: Re: Presidential Security Clearance Question posted by Larry on June 23, 2004 at 17:23:20 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]