Re: Tikaboo Approach Sensors?

Message posted by lone wolf on May 26, 2004 at 12:33:30 PST:

You do have to wonder why some people on Tikaoo have received the helicopter treatment if they can detect people on Tikaboo from a distance. Maybe they wanted to get a good look at the crowd (hint: wear your sunglasses).

Taking a peek at the map, the distances from Tikaboo to:
Bald Mt 22 miles
Papoose 28 miles
Front gate guard shack or freedom ridge 16 miles

I would now drop Papoose from the list of spy places. I think camera located on the hill behind the front gate guard shack is a likely spot since they do have some stuff up there. I think Freedom Ridge is also a good snooping spot, but perhaps less likely since some jerk could cross the border and mess with the camera system, which you would presume would be expensive. The hill behind the guard shack is more secure. Perhaps a peek from Hawkeye Hill would reveal something.

Since the base has to obey the same laws of physics as we do, I think they would go for the shortest path. Sixteen miles is similar to snooping on the TTR from Brainwash, which is a much easier task than snooping on the base from Tikaboo.

The Baldocam is also likely. The base wouldn't need continuous coverage, but could just peak at the top of Tikaboo periodically, or before a test.

The operation near Groom Lake didn't seem to mind Black F150 and myself seeing that F117, nor the various people who have seen the migs. Obviously, they have daytime tests that are not very secret. Perhaps this means that they just check Tikaboo at dusk, assuming few people will materialize after dark. Of course, that is not a good assumption since the viewers could set up camp out of sight and make the final assent in the dark. Then again, what can you see from Tikaboo in the dark? Maybe when the dust has settled, the operation near Groom Lake doesn't care what can be seen from Tikaboo since their testing is done at night without moonlight. That is, what exactly could you see other than the base blacked out and 3 miles of blue lights?

In Reply to: Re: Tikaboo Approach Sensors? posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on May 26, 2004 at 10:43:03 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]