Re: Tikaboo Approach Sensors?

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on May 26, 2004 at 10:43:03 PST:

It is quite possible that there are road sensors on the upper part of the Tikaboo road. The lower part is used frequently by the rancher, so it would not make much sense to place sensors there.

Unfortunately the sensors are not easy to find any more, after being equipped with a delay unit. We have never actually found a unit on the Tikaboo road, but judging from other locations where we HAVE found sensors I would expect there to be a couple. Note: You need two sensors in a few hundred yards to a couple of miles distance to determine the direction of travel of a vehicle.

The sensors require line of sight to the receiver. The manufacturer also offers a very compact repeater (see attached link). Badger would be a good spot for a repeater, but on my hike I did not see any in the vicinity of the radio site up there. The range south of Tikaboo would also be a good candidate, or even a hidden spot on Tikaboo itself.

The top of Tikaboo can be seen from Bald Mountain. There is a rather large remote-controlled camera on Bald, which can certainly see you on Tikaboo.

Attached link: Qual-Tron, Inc. - Mini Intrusion Detection Systems (MIDS)

In Reply to: Tikaboo Approach Sensors? posted by Beezil on May 26, 2004 at 8:37:15 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]