Re: crossing the border..

Message posted by Hank on April 28, 2004 at 14:45:50 PST:

As a very frequent visitor to the area. More than twenty five times since 9/11 I can safely say that all the security has been increased many fold. Cameras, sensors, other electronic countermeasures. The advice I gave was not just for the poster. People who have not been in the area and read this and other websites about area 51 may not understand how serious they take their security. About six months ago the Lancaster newspaper had a article about a civilian who was at China Lake outside the boundries with a digital camera and a scanner. They scooped him up and turned him over to the NSA. It took them five days to straighten it out and cut him loose. No charges filed. They said they were covered by the Patriot Act. If you would violate the Area 51 border today charges like spying on a secret military base, possible terrorism etc. would probably be brought. Trespassing prior to 9/11 would usually bring you a minimum of a visit to the Lincoln County jail and a $600.00 fine. If you were lucky they would give you back your equipment. I believe those days are gone. Also if anyone is planning a trip to the other side of the border may I respectfully suggest that you make no mention of it on an internet website. Its kind of like planning on robbing a bank and calling them first to let them know you are coming.
Hank

In Reply to: Re: crossing the border.. posted by BASSic on April 28, 2004 at 12:15:37 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]