Re: range weather

Message posted by cavemonster on April 25, 2004 at 9:42:01 PST:

I heard what I thought was 'Skitty 32' call the tower and thought that was odd as everything else was 'Buddy nn' (or maybe Bunny nn).

On hearing a distant thud thud I guessed that this may be 'Security 32' and we looked for the chopper. It was at very low level following a straight track that goes from the Groom Lake Rd Guard House area to a point slightly south of Tikaboo. it then did an impressive climb up the mountain face to pass very close and slow from left to right as you look at the base.

It then went round to the east side of Tikaboo and descended into the valley. The rotor noise was constant for a while consistent with a hover - I couldn't see - but I assumed they were checking out the vehicle.

It then reappeared and did a slightly more distant and less threatening pass but it was still close enough that having passed us I grabbed some 10x20 mini-binoculars and read the serial as 26352 with no difficulty.

It then descended, headed back the way it came but then - as it was still on tower freq a while later - appeared to be doing a patrol around other areas of the base.

In Reply to: Re: range weather posted by lone wolf on April 25, 2004 at 7:41:50 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]