Re: range weather

Message posted by cavemonster on April 25, 2004 at 7:25:27 PST:

I went for a walk up Tikaboo on Monday last and can report that there is no snow at all on Tikaboo itself. Compared to previous trips the weather was positively tropical but intermittent cloud cover meant that the vis was poor such that the Janet 737s were barely visible.

A snow flurry did pass through while up Tikaboo at the same time that the peace was broken by the sound of a chopper which came to have a look at us. I'm sure that there is sufficient surveillance equipment to be able to read the jottings on my notepad without them getting too close but they did make me feel slightly uneasy by getting so close that I could easily read the serial number. They got the mesage across that we were being watched and disappeared off to find our 4x4.

I'll write a trip report when Mrs Cavemonster lets me have some time to do so.

Meanwhile, unless there has been snowfall this week, conditions are perfect for the climb. Conditions on the hike (trash etc) are poor though, even at the parking lot where it surely can't be too difficult to clean up after a BBQ?

In Reply to: range weather posted by lone owlf on April 20, 2004 at 8:54:39 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]