Re: Call for Leviathan Cave/ Worthington Mtns Photos/Info

Message posted by Frank Stamm on April 09, 2004 at 8:55:11 PST:

I can add some info on rentals. A 4wd in Vegas will not cover off road damage even with the insurance offered at the agency. My AMEX coverage on rentals also will not cover off road. Driving to the Tempiute mine, Gunderson Rd, ect is on "county maintained roads" so its not concidered off road. Check with the rental co. or examine the exclusions on thier site. I know of several locals who have been to the Leviathan cave so info is available at the Inn which is the best place to leave a trip plan. The closest I have been to the cave where a few of the roads in that area and to the F-4 crash site on the east side of Tempiute. I would highly recomend a high clearance 4wd for that area. The smaller the better. Again a check with locals on the condition of these roads can save a lot of trouble. "Do not drive further than you wish to walk" is a good rule of thumb. Lots of water and common sense will save you if things go wrong. Good luck and take lots of pictures!

In Reply to: Re: Call for Leviathan Cave/ Worthington Mtns Photos/Info posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 08, 2004 at 19:17:19 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]