Re: Call for Leviathan Cave/ Worthington Mtns Photos/Info

Message posted by Jason on April 08, 2004 at 20:32:30 PST:

Thanks Joerg and Lone Wolf,

I have the Meeker Peak 7.5 minute and I have topos and aerial photos of the entire southern part of the state at various resolutions thanks to USAPhoto. I also have pretty much every picture or text mentioning the Worthington Mountains and Leviathan that can be found through Google.

Lone Wolf, you mentioned using a 4wd... this is the issue I am currently wrestling with. I've been told that it is possible to get within 2-4 miles of the trailhead using a regular 2wd... what is your opinion on this?

I just have your basic Ford Focus, and even if it is doable in a 2wd, I'm not sure I trust the car enough to make it... or mess up the undercarriage.

So, I'm considering renting a car... ideally, I would just rent a Jeep, but that's really expensive. I also don't really want to rent a car either, but I may have to.

I've done Tikaboo several times, all in 2wd drives on the south Badger loop with no problem (other than tons of dirt). How are the roads compared to the south Bager loop to the Tikaboo trailhead?

Also, do you have any gps waypoints for the road around the Worthingtons?

Joerg,

I'll definitely post a trip report (I should actually try to scrape together trip reports from my past Tikaboo outings). And I pretty much plan on using the Gunderson Road route considering that I'll be coming from Tikaboo and plan to stop by the inn for some Alien burgers.

If you guys are in Rachel around then, perhaps it'd be cool to grab some burgers together?

Thanks for your help
Jason

In Reply to: Re: Call for Leviathan Cave/ Worthington Mtns Photos/Info posted by lone wolf on April 08, 2004 at 20:13:23 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]