Re: Ale'Inn booked, where else?

Message posted by lone wolf on April 03, 2004 at 15:37:09 PST:

I've stayed at both the Bates and the Meadow, but usually the Bates. [There are rumors concerning the Meadow, but I don't know if they are true and I certainly won't put them in writing.] I think it's $32 at the Bates, but don't quote me. The advantage to the Bates is the satellite TV with both East Coast and West Coast feeds. With the East Coast feed, you can get to sleep sooner. The Meadow used to have cable out of Denver, so the satellite TV must be new since my last stay. The walls are pretty thin in the Bates, but all rooms have electric heat or A/C. I think the Meadow uses swamp coolers in half the rooms.

My notebok works from the Meadow all the time. Dialing out of the Bates is tricky. First, it has the only PBX on the planet that requires dialing 8 for an outside line. Second, it doesn't like the short tone bursts from the modem in my notebook, so I need to dial a few times to get out. I don't think I ever get more that 20bkps from either motel, so if you get HTML mail, it sucks. There is internet access at the Alamo library, though I suspect the feds snoop on the PCs since they are in the same building.

I clean my history and dump all the cache when I leave the Alamo library PC, but the next time I come back, I traces of my visit on the PC. Feds or space aliens must be involved.

In Reply to: Re: Ale'Inn booked, where else? posted by Hank on April 03, 2004 at 14:58:46 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]