Re: First post...Love the site of course!

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on April 02, 2004 at 19:27:20 PST:

Welcome to the Dreamland Resort discussion forum. I hope that this site is useful in planning your trip.

IMHO it would be very hard to argue for anyone that they "accidentally" crossed the line at GLR. After driving 14 miles through the desert on a dirt road, the signs are really quite hard to miss. To avoid the remote possibility of such mistakes alltogether we have been demanding for years that the guard shack, which is currently hidden around a curve, be moved to the actual border.

For hikers or folks on dirt bikes or quads it is a different story, though. Off the roads, the border is only marked by orange posts, spaced about 50 yards apart. I could see someone accidentally crossing the border, although I don't have any first-hand accounts of such incidents. Many of the older faded posts have recently been replaced with new bright orange posts, in an effort to better mark the border. However, the posts can easily be mistaken for mining claim markers, which are a common sight in the area.

Enjoy your trip, and be sure to take lots of photos... ;-)

In Reply to: First post...Love the site of course! posted by Starbreaker666 on April 02, 2004 at 18:18:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]