Re: OT: Anyone here ever go to the El Centro airshow?

Message posted by lone wolf on March 04, 2004 at 13:07:40 PST:

My guess would be they use runway 12 as the flight line. [If you use the airport map link I provided, remember it is designed to be viewed in landscape.] That would make the viewing north-east rather than east, which is better for you. If you can't get show center (usually reserved for DVs), try setting up south of show center.

Regarding lenses, I would need to know aperture and film speed. Lens brand and photo format would help as well. For instance, if you shoot digital, going for big glass is a good idea since the number of pixels on most digital cameras is always too few. If you are shooting 35mm slide and film scanning, sometimes it is better to use the best quality lens rather than the longest focal length, especially if you are scanning at 4000ppi. There is an amazing amount of information on film if you can get to it.

800-1200? I can rule that out right now. You couldn't fit 4 planes in one frame with that lens unless your viewing position is really crappy.

In Reply to: Re: OT: Anyone here ever go to the El Centro airshow? posted by Brian on March 04, 2004 at 12:42:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]