OFF TOPIC Re: Exotic Watcher of .......well, yeah.

Message posted by FSguru on March 04, 2004 at 4:35:04 PST:

Well this is my first post here, and provided it doesn't get deleted for being irrelevant, it definately won't be my last....since that was his "last word on this forum..... nothing more." I will post this for all the sensible people who are still here and not so easily offended by flight simulation (what will be offensive next?) If he's willing to leave this forum over something as trivial as flightsim, good riddance, he was probably looking for a reason to get angry with someone over anything anyhow. I sense issues...

First of all, at the top of the forum page it says "This is your place to discuss anything around Area 51, Black Projects, Sightings, UFOs and related subjects"...it doesn't get any more related than this: http://www.simviation.com/aeroworks/concepts/XRA51land.jpg

Of course it's not "real" but it "realted" and is based off real information about a real place and uses real physics, so I don't see what anyone could possibly have a beef about. Like Joerg said "What is going on out there that they don't trust us to be able to handle?" An extremely valid question everyone here would like to know,....all we're doing with flight simulation is just giving our own answer and it is probably no more correct than anyone elses, I mean I don't even completely believe in Aurora and relatively none of the UFO stories, but what is wrong with exploring the idea of it? I do believe though that there are definately things out there they don't want us to see and I tend to think one of the real reasons for the need for secrecy is to keep certain politicians from knowing how much money is being spent on things,...just a hunch. But think about if the XB-70 has been as secret as the A-12 Oxcart.....imagine how this sentence could end...

So my friend posted something about flightsim, big deal. It's one thing to build a site like this and to get all the information the DLR team gets about every little thing in relation to Groom Lake but aparently this guy has not ever given any thought about DOING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE with all that information. We have been working on a serious Groom Lake scenery for the better half of a year and the information on these pages has been central to our getting it half as accurate as it currently is. Whether or not anyone here knows this, Groom Lake is quite popular in the flight simulation world and there have been versions of it for Microsoft Flight Simulator going all the way back to at least 1996 and some payware company just released a scenery for Groom Lake and they even went so far as to charge money for it. Although we don't think those Groom sceneries have been all that accurate in the past, rather than complain about it, we decided to give it a shot ourselves, and when we release it we we're giving the much deserved credit to the DLR team for without this site our project would not have came together at all.

At any rate, I just thought I would thank the DLR team and make the first of hopefully many non-deleted posts here on this forum..... nothing more.

Thanks for reading.
sincerely,

"the offensive flightsimmer"

signed & present
'a new' long serving poster/contributor to this site.

In Reply to: Exotic Watcher of Flight Sims.?!?!?! posted by Exotic ... on March 02, 2004 at 17:21:06 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]