Re: Bad Info?

Message posted by lone wolf on February 18, 2004 at 19:23:48 PST:

I suggest May versus July. The lightning can be nasty in the summer. Over the years I've seen rattle snakes, bobcats, mountain lions, and coyotes (all in California btw, not the high desert), but nothing scares me like those lightning storms in the high desert. Of course, all those nasty animals live in the desert too. The only nasty beasts I've seen in the desert are bats, whcih are not dangerous in general, and those hairy tarantula spiders. I carry a Sawyer extractor should I get unlucky with a snake or spider. The claim is a loud whistle is best to scare away mountain lines, but I just stop and be still and they go away. A walking stick isn't a bad idea either. I've yet to find something to repel cammo dudes.

I had a Tikaboo climb stopped by snow even in April, so March would be pretty tough going. I went through the area in January and found roads like the power lines a bit questionable to drive. Everything else was passable, even the roads to the TTR. I didn't bother with the road to Tikaboo since I knew the task was impossible.

BTW, the USAF won't take Tikaboo without a public land order to widthdraw the land, so there is no way it would be a surprise that Tikaboo was closed.

In Reply to: Re: Bad Info? posted by Justin Barklage on February 18, 2004 at 18:51:54 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]