Some Back Gate Questions

Message posted by Rose-chan on February 08, 2004 at 18:28:07 PST:

Forgive me if this gets lengthy. My mom and I have been discussing the Back Gate for a while because last time we chickened out about 1/2 before actually getting to it, so now I have some questions.

Ok, first of all about 1/2-1/4 before the gate (maybe more, maybe less) there is a barb wire fence on either side of the road. My mom and I stopped there last time because we were afraid that that might be the border and the guard shake that we saw ahead of us was further inside the border like it is at Groom Lake Road. Well, now that we've relooked at some of your pictures we notice that you have obviously gotten a heck of a lot closer than we have. Question: What is that fence? Just, like, to keep cattle out? It scared us. ha ha...

Secondly, we have heard terror stories about how you can get harrassed at the back gate if you pull up too close to it. Has anyone here ever been harrassed? How can we avoid being harrassed or buzzed by anything back there?

Lol... I really want to get closer than last time, I'm just a bit apprehensive...

K! Thanks!! :)

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]