Re: Trip Report

Message posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on February 03, 2004 at 12:05:14 PST:

Oh yes, it has happened. Trouble is, in the paperwork that you sign, you agree to not talk about what you may have seen, or the incident in general.
So it will be quite difficult to find any such information, especially online.

I am not sure that they would follow you to get the license #, which as you say would be quite difficult due to dust and the bumpy road. I have done it once with a contractor who tried to run me off the road, and although I was much closer just barely got the number.

If they got your number they most likely will not even contact the rental agency, unless you acted in some way suspicious. Tracking down everyone who pulls up there in a rental could easily keep several cammos busy full time, especially in summer...

Many of the contractors, and security of course, drive on 375 in government trucks. However, I have to admit that I have very rarely seen an Intrepid or similar with gov't plates there. Perhaps a visiting VIP? That would explain whay they were concerned enough to follow you out. Did you get a photo or plate #?
Usually VIP visitors of course use one of the exec jets shown in our Janet section.

In Reply to: Re: Trip Report posted by BASSic on February 03, 2004 at 11:07:25 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]