Re: Trip Report

Message posted by BASSic on February 03, 2004 at 11:07:25 PST:

> There are sensors all over the place. If you cross
> the line the cammos will detain you and call the
> sheriff to haul you off to Alamo, where you will
> enjoy his hospitality until you pay the mandatory
> $650 or $1000 fine, and sign some paperwork.

Has this happened before? Do you know of anyone who got detained and had to pay the fine? Everywhere I look I can't find any information about instances where people crossed, intentionally or not. Are these incidents played down or do they just not happen?

While at the signs on Groom Lake road, I was parked on the right hand side behind the other car of visitors. It wouldn't have been too difficult to take down the plate numbers for both of us, so I don't see why they followed me to get my plate number. Also, how can you get the plate number of a moving vehicle that's 1/2 mile ahead of you? I was in a rental car, so that shouldn't matter if they have the plate number. Would they be concerned enough to get my contact info from the rental agency?

After I left, I took Groom Lake Road to 375 and made a left toward Rachel. In about the middle of the valley, a Silver Intrepid/Stratus/Sebring (not sure of exact make/model but it was from the family of cars I just mentioned) with Govt plates sped past me, coming from the opposite direction. Do gov't cars regularly travel on 375? I'm assuming it's not too uncommon considering the location of 375.

In Reply to: Re: Trip Report posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on February 02, 2004 at 21:23:47 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]