Re: Glad To See.... & a few choice words to chew on...

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on February 18, 2001 at 09:33:16 EST:

With the existance of multinational interlocking corporations and businesses the government pays huge sums to, we have lost the ability as citizens to provide oversight. We the people, by law and and intent, must rely on the very peoples distributing and using the funds to provide for accountability. If there is anyone among us that thinks this is not an area overburdened with the potential for error, graft, wastage, and influence peddling, it is certainly not in this group. That is why as even occasionally maligned, this group fulfils an important role in at least having an interest in the black projects, and subsequent funds poured into the various businesses that support this country. Without the convienent veil of secrecy, I'm sure the companies would have to explain a lot sooner why they have spent tens of millions of tax dollars, but no useful product or tangible progress has been made (star wars/Brilliant Pebbles). It's an uneven playing field, and were're lucky to even see the goal line, but it would be nice to have people in your position to assist the citizenry. You love the Osprey, but the maintenence books have been cooked the whole time it was preoperational, coincidently with several of the birds crashing. The idea of production over safety is an idea that GOOD industries have eliminated yesterday. In an open business, with good oversight, it would have taken less time to surface. Maybe with fewer deaths of young men that trust their Officers to make the right decisions. Questions are good Snoop, but now answers are needed. People in your position that know what is at stake should know that fence sitting, as it suggests, ends up with you just looking silly. I appreciate your posts Snoop, but it's time for some Marine accountability to the people that look to for protection and leadership. By the way the "glow in the dark" reference is only viewable as the Cherenkov effect with spent nuclear fuel giving off neutrons that travel faster than the speed of light in the medium (borated water) that they are in. I've seen it and it's cool.

In Reply to: Glad To See.... & a few choice words to chew on... posted by Spooky_Dogg on February 17, 2001 at 19:30:31 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]