Re: OK, let's wrap this up

Message posted by Magoo on January 18, 2004 at 23:48:34 PST:

Still doesn't explain why an aircraft was at 60,000+ feet in an MOA that has a ceiling of 18,000.

I never claimed I know alot about flight testing, that's why I checked around first.

All I can say is that when I first read the posting on the Black Triangles newsgroup, I thought there had to be more to this because it appeared to be too good to be true.

I ran it by a current USAF officer and a current RAAF officer, both of whom have fast jet backgrounds, and both of whom questionned the terminology that was used in the Black Triangles report.

Then when it apeared in AWST, I thought maybe there may be more to it, so I checked with two more contacts, one a current serving fast jet navigator, and one a former 'nav' who is now in a senior military management position. Again, their responses were that it did not seem too credible. I then went back to double-check the date on the top of the issue to make sure it wasn't April 1st!

Believe me when I say I want this to be genuine, as I like the prospect of a fast black project as much as anyone.

In closing, I have never said the recording was not genuine. I have only meant to infer that perhaps the transmission wasn't.

Magoo

In Reply to: Re: I agree...... posted by Steve Douglass on January 18, 2004 at 19:12:26 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]