Re: AW&ST Reports

Message posted by RichardC on January 16, 2004 at 9:34:36 PST:

Couldnt of put it better myself.
And it does not matter if you are in an MOA or not, you have no choice to tell the controller you're actual altitude, its for safety reasons and i dont think, even in the interests of classified aircraft, no test pilot (the best of the bunch) would be irresponsible in going against FAA regulations, especially when talking to a controller who will for sure, report it.
Same went with SR71 pilots and still with U-2 pilots, even though they fly above all known other traffic they still have to report their altitude on ATC.

In the meantime, i think we should all shift our eyes and ears to New Mexico and camp out on Steve's garden because it seems over the years, all the aircraft out of Groom etc are flying over New Mexico, even Black triangles in full view of the public during a multi-national exercise of Roving Sands..... and now, all those poor people camping around Groom Lake, climbing Tikaboo and all the monitors inbetween New Mexico and Nevada do not seem to get any luck...
Someone else must of heard this chap on his test flight, theres plenty of monitors inbetween each area and no one has seemed to have posted anything backing up the 'edited' audio (as usual).

So, why go to the base and see nothing for years, when you can go to New Mexico and see/hear 'it all'.... yeah right!

Rich

In Reply to: Re: AW&ST Reports posted by Magoo on January 15, 2004 at 22:20:34 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]