Exotic bird watcher report: Antelop valley area

Message posted by Aaron Johnson on January 15, 2004 at 21:08:44 PST:

Well in all of my years of exotic bird watching, I finally saw the most incredible feat, with my own eyes. It was incredible, it was shocking and left one in awe, at it's sight. A impregnanted F-5! ha ha :)
Actually it was the F-5 that is under going the quiet sonic boom test's.
I met up with brian, good to meet you bud! while we chatting and watching, the F-5 took off like a bat outta of hades, sheesh! hate to be the noise abatement guy on that one. before and after, the F-5 took off A C-130 was also shooting approaches Im begining to believe might have something to do with GPS, But again who know's. Also on my return to the palmdale area to exit antelope valley. I saw a c-17 that had left edwards area and also began shooting instrument approaches in the pattern about 430pm

After I left Brian, I went to edwards just to see what was going on (Should have gone with me Brian)approx 3:20pm a F22 Raptor and an F15 Eagle in chase, flew over my position then half circled and headed north east. It was great to see the Raptor and F-15 on it's right and in formation, what a lovely sight sighhhh! Really made my day and the trip worth while.

One final note I heard radio chatter and vampire call signs again. At about 350pm an E2 hawkeye requesting clearance to point mugu.

Till next time, happy sky watching, to all.
EBW Aaron J.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]