Re: YF-113G/Bird of Prey?

Message posted by Andreas Parsch on January 12, 2004 at 12:12:11 PST:

> "The Bird Of Prey undoubtedly had a YF designator of some type [...]"
> "TACIT BLUE did have a YF designation [...]"

Are these your own educated guesses, or do you have it confirmed by reliable sources, that BoP and TACIT BLUE had in fact YF-1xx designations?

If it is indeed true, then the USAF is a bl**dy spoil-sport :-(! What's the use of hiding the _designation_ of a revealed aircraft? After all, the general scheme (the "(Y)F-1xx" style) was effectively compromised anyway when the F-117A was openly designated as such. And admitting that TACIT BLUE was also known as, say, YF-114C, wouldn't compromise the technology at all.

In fact, the latter is essentially what I argued to the USAF (in much more elaborate words, though ;-) ) in a FOIA request on the subject. The thing has been running for almost two years now (including a "cheap excuse"-type denial by the USAF and my subsequent appeal), and is still open. By now I have received a letter from AFFTC's FOIA office, that the 412th TW/DRJ (does anybody know which part of the 412th is coded as "DRJ"?) has "forwarded information" to SAF/AAZ at the Pentagon for further consideration (and possible release??). Of course I don't know what this "information" is, but SAF/AAZ is the USAF's "Direcetory of Security and Special Programs Oversight", so it seems that I'm not _completely_ off track here :-)

Andreas

In Reply to: Re: YF-113G/Bird of Prey? posted by Peter Merlin on January 12, 2004 at 9:55:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]