filming location clarifications

Message posted by Tim Lyne on December 10, 2003 at 15:43:45 PST:

Thanks all for the info,

The screenplay was finished up yesterday and it is looking to be a fantastic film. (not a documentary about Area 51, but a 15 minute horror/suspense short film being shot as my thesis project)

I will definitely contact Pat at the A'le'inn about securing permission. Only one scene will be shot there, but it is a pivotal scene and I'm eager to get permission.

We decided not to shoot the black mail box because it turned out to be unessential for the plot.

The house with the "slime pool" I believe is not the same thing as the "Old Miner House" The ranch location I'm referring to I believe is a few more miles out of Rachel, down a dirt road I believed is named something like "Gunderland Road. It is a severely dilapidated two room house surrounded by what I believe is an abandoned cattle ranch. The "slime pool" is adjacent to the house and is actually a watering trough topped off by several inches of thick slimy algae...literally looks like slime. As for the house being occupied, I highly doubt it. When we were scouting locations back in early October, the house appeared unlivable, with debris scattered all over the inside of the house. Looked like it hasn't been occupied for a very long time.

If anyone knows of this location and who I may need to contact to secure permission to shoot there, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Again thank so much for the help.

In Reply to: Re: filming permission questions posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on December 08, 2003 at 11:11:20 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]