Re: filming permission questions

Message posted by lone wolf on December 08, 2003 at 13:06:58 PST:

What would make the area around the black mailbox be special regarding photography or video? I don't have a BLM map handy, but is that land deeded?

I would suggest filming the mailbox and just getting out of there right away. As a viewing spot, it is not very good compared to the gravel up the road.

By film, I am assume the poster meant video. If so and if time and money permit, I suggest getting a low light b&w ccd camera to take some night shots. The supercircuit PC164C and a C-mount lens makes a system as good as generation 1 night vision. You need a reasonably large aperture lens, but they are not hard to find on ebay. I've been able to take night time video with the PC164C and a 75mm f1.8 cmount lens. With some moon light, you can video camo dudes at the front gate. When you shoot the night sky, stars are easily seen in the video. Most camcorders have a spot where an external video source can be plugged in. You will need to make a small battery pack for the camera, but that can be an 8 cell AA holder and a wire with the right connector.

In Reply to: Re: filming permission questions posted by Joerg (Webmaster) on December 08, 2003 at 11:11:20 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]