My special Country Music Tribute to the late Joe Travis, Oct. 18 and 19 at the Little A-le-Inn

Message posted by Norio Hayakawa on October 12, 2003 at 17:42:00 PST:

Because of my tight work schedule I will not be able to make it to the special event on October 25 in Rachel. Nor will I be able to meet Joerg, Hank, Magoo and other fine DLR associates on October 27, 28 during the Red Flag exercises.
However, something deep inside told me that I must pay a special respect to the late beloved Joe Travis in a very special way.
I will be driving to Rachel from Los Angeles early on the morning on Saturday, October 18 in time to give a special Country Music Tribute to Joe at the Little A-le-Inn at 4:30 p.m., with my country-style, honky-tonk electric piano. I will be playing also at the Inn on Sunday, October 19 throughout the day. Joe will be singing along, from heaven.

As the whole world knows by now, our beloved Joe passed away on September 13 but his memory will live on forever in our mind and heart.

As a Country Music keyboardist who played many a times at the Little A-le-Inn, I will always remember the enjoyable moments I had with Joe, singing alongside my accompaniment.
I can still hear his jolly, jovial voice and laughter. Those memories will be cherished forever in my heart.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]