Re: Janet Flights

Message posted by zipper on February 09, 2001 at 00:25:53 EST:

My opinion is that this is THE MAIN parking lot for the facility. If you look closely at the 1998 sat pic of the same area, it also shows that this is where the majority of "private" vehicles are parked. If the newest image was actually taken on April 2, 2000, it was a Sunday. I would assume that most of those vehicles belong to military (and/or other gov) personnel that are assigned to the facility. I DO know that on certain type USAF facilities, there are designated parking lots for private vehicles and they are not necessarily located for the convenience of the airmen. This is a 3rd generation base as far as runways, etc. and even though the housing may be 2nd generation, it is still laid out much like 1st generation, which is not very condusive to "convenience" for things like private vehicles. I also believe that MOST "9 to 5" civilian workers are transported in and out daily via bus, plane (JANET) or ????
[:') zipper

In Reply to: Re: Janet Flights posted by DesertRock on February 08, 2001 at 23:24:26 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]