Re: Edwards DIDN'T enforce those regs

Message posted by lone wolf on September 23, 2003 at 11:55:46 PST:

I'm at a loss here since you followed the rules, how do you know they were not enforced?

I was walking towards the security check point and was intercepted by someone in uniform who told me not to use the bag for my chair. I put it back in the car. My BAFP was inspected, but I was not asked to open the camera. It's a bad idea to leave film in a camera for a long time for other reasons, so they could have opened my camera if they wanted too.

At Nellis, they tried to stop me with the BAFP. I was carrying it, and the guy said "No backpacks!" So I put it on as a fanny pack and the guy said "that's a large fanny pack." I resisted calling it a BAFP, and just said smuggly "why yes it is". I think this earned me the super wand "This is spinal tap" check.

One security change I like is parking on the dry lake at Edwards, mostly because I think it fun to drive on a dry lake, but also because it was so much more efficient.

In Reply to: Edwards DIDN'T enforce those regs posted by F-117A Webmaster on September 23, 2003 at 10:46:13 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]