Re: Eric, go home.....

Message posted by Hal on September 03, 2003 at 23:26:07 PST:

In my cousin's car the MDT occupied the area between the two front seats and the display and keyboard swiveled such that the passengerr could move the unit to be directly in front of him or so the driver alone could use it, thus a two person arrangement is possible. But that's the Dallas (Tex) police. He showed me how to use it when I visited him a few years ago and we went out to dinner--he had me run the plates of some suspicious vehicles; only took a few seconds for info on a car with Florida plates. I also ran the plates of a car that I had just sold (Calif) to look at the data of the purchaser.

In any event the unit should be visible to an outside view--i.e., photo--if that's what they are using, but these guys have darkened windows, don't they?

If you want to "pull their chain" try an alteration of your plates--colored duct tape works great--doing this ONLY after leaving the main roads. Be sure to remove the alteration later. Did this with aircraft numbers some years ago.

Hal

In Reply to: Re: Eric, go home..... posted by lone wolf on September 03, 2003 at 23:04:28 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]