Re: Norio and Aaron's area 51 trip part 2 Tuesday aug 12

Message posted by lone wolf on August 19, 2003 at 12:57:42 PST:

The claim to fame about the F-22 is supersonic flight without afterburners, which use a lot of fuel. So if F150 saw afterburners, it was not the F-22.

I suspect the triangle shape in the sky was an F117. There were two or three spotted at Nellis. The F117 has very strange lights underneath. I'm sure the F117 website guy will post a link to a photo.

The trip around the back side of Groom Lake is interesting. Obviously, the place is rigged with sensors since the area is unmanned. If you spot the wire, it wouldn't hurt to take a photo, though digging one up is not suggested. There are probably cameras around the back side of Groom Lake as well. I camped out one night back there and had a run in with the dudes. As soon as I got up the next morning, they showed up. I didn't drive or hike, just open the car door to do the kind of thing people do first thing in the morning.

I wouldn't dismiss the lights flying over the base (probably along the Groom Range mountains) as just helicopters on patrol. It is quite possible they are UAVs, which also fly slowly. I've seen a route flow quite often that goes from near Bald Mountain, down the Groom Range, over to behind Tikaboo, over the power lines, and then off to Mt. Irish. I'm pretty sure what flew over me at the powerlines was not a chopper since it had some strange lights. The lights would vary from solid white, flashing white, and a white light (flashing, but not as fast as a strobe) facing upwards, i.e. it illuminated the clouds. Also, if you see several of these lights playing follow the leader and never change their spacing, it is possible they are controlled by computer.

In Reply to: Re: Norio and Aaron's area 51 trip part 2 Tuesday aug 12 posted by Aaron Johnson on August 19, 2003 at 12:21:17 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]