Re: AFFTC Detachment 3

Message posted by lone wolf on August 04, 2003 at 17:47:51 PST:

I'm familiar with the "sacred" Det 3, but just wanted to point out that there are many detachments 3's to be found. My gut feeling is the cammo dude manual is real, which I believe is the only real evidence of detachment 3 running the operation near Groom Lake.

Regarding info on the UFO mind website, you need to remember than the website is no longer updated, so if there is wrong information on it, it will stay wrong. For instance, I don't buy UFO mind's explanation that Basecamp is run by Groom Lake, but rather that it is connected to the TTR based on my observations of road traffic between the facilities, and the location of a repeater site that services both the TTR and Basecamp.

I am very suspicious of anyone claiming to work at the base given the TS requirements. Now if their name is dropped in a declassified report, that is another story. For instance, I would bet most of the names in the U2 history book on the FAS site have been to the operation near Groom Lake.
http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/u2.pdf
You can imagine the questions co-workers gave Gary Powers about his activities prior to his last job of flying a traffic chopper.

In Reply to: AFFTC Detachment 3 posted by Brent on August 04, 2003 at 6:28:04 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]