Re: Who works at Area 51?

Message posted by Hal on July 17, 2003 at 7:37:25 PST:

Good Luck!!

If the CIA pre-employment examination procedure is the same as it was in the 60's, you'll need luck and a clean record. You'll also need strong character, as they try to see if they can tear you apart, through isolation and intensive interrogation--been there. Survived all of that, but decided to work for the DoD instead.

As others have indicated, working for the CIA doesn't give you a free pass through the gates of A-51. I've been there (ONCE) and I reported on it here--years later. I didn't see anything other than the aircraft that I had been sent to perform tests on, but I wasn't caught up in the mystic of A-51 at the time.

Don't take lightly the security regulations of any security clearance you are granted in your future employment, unless you like living in confinement in Kansas. I didn't report on my encouter with the HAVE BLUE aircraft until after it had been de-classified.

Most notable to my brief visit to A-51 was the attitude of the accompanying guards, who acted like military--and I worked for the military at the time--yet they wore no insignia. There was one guy in charge and he barked orders to the others, and they were armed.

I don't post here often, but I do read the mail every week or so. Sorry to hear about Joerg's (and others) problems, but it seems to be indicative of the times, albeit some of those in charge apparently do get carried away with their new responsibilities.

Hal

In Reply to: Re: Who works at Area 51? posted by Daopin on July 16, 2003 at 14:43:00 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]