Re: Somewhat OT: Camcorders & airshows questions

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on July 01, 2003 at 6:33:28 PST:

I've shot a lot of video, and Hank is right on about the usefulness of the digital zoom. That's like saying you can blow up a film image from 4X6 to 24X48 and expect the same quality. Not gonna happen. Yes, the best of all possibilities is get a video camera with the ability to change or add lenses. Some smaller cameras have telephotos that screw right on the front, so you might want to check out the net for used equipment and telephotos. If you can find a QUASAR lens that will screw on the front, then don't even concern yourself with the digital zoom. Sounds like a good deal though, but be careful of the format. The industry is still sorting out which format will be the dominate force, and I'm hoping (since I've bought into it heavily) tha MiniDV is going to come out strong. a lot of other formats are being dumped on the market right now because the manufacturers know that they probably won't last, and they will be discontinued. So be careful that someone is not selling you something that will be obsolete as soon as you get it. Which way to go? Good question, not even the industry has a 100% right answer, so buy wisely and not the cup covered in diamond and jewels.

In Reply to: Somewhat OT: Camcorders & airshows questions posted by Brian on June 29, 2003 at 15:02:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]