Re: Mercury

Message posted by gary on January 26, 2001 at 00:04:46 EST:

With the exception of Area 51, security at most military and government facilities in the Groom area is reasonable. They won't shoot to kill and ask questions later. [I have visited places where you sign papers allowing secuity to neutralize your threat, such as the Ozinuka "blue cube".] However, they will probably talk to you. If you go through posts on this forum, you will find people who had the TTR security ask them what they are doing.

I think that going past the warning signs at area 51 would be safe, but quite stupid. You would see nothing, but your arrest and fine would probably be the beginings of your troubles.

My advice would be to drive slowly when doing any of these trips. Many borders do not have gates (such as Cedar Pipeline Road), so you can easily miss the warning signs. Travel in the daytime in a place you don't know well.

If you want to practice pushing the envelope, try doing it at basecamp. It is not very secret, but you will get to meet guys in uniform asking you to leave. [I knocked on the door of a baracks at Basecamp on my first visit to the area, not knowing anything about Basecamp. The conversaition was, well, interesting. ;-)]

In Reply to: Re: Mercury posted by DesertRock on January 25, 2001 at 22:34:25 EST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]