Re: Somewhat OT: Camcorders & airshows questions

Message posted by Hank on June 29, 2003 at 15:35:43 PST:

This may be of some help. I have a 700x digital zoom on my camcorder with an automatic stabilizer. I find that size zoom for what I use it for is absolutly useless. I shoot mostly Red Flags and Capstones with it. I have used it at the north fence at Nellis also.I was there last week and you can shoot to your hearts content.
The problem that I have with it is that the image gets pixelated way before it reachs max zoom. At 2 miles away it pixelates the image at about 200x. Even on a tripod the image stabilizer is pretty ineffective at that distance. Its excellent for shooting images a mile or less out if I can keep the zoom at 25x or less. My camcorder is a JVC but I would assume that the Quasar may have the same problems.
As far as the Nellis Air Show It may come down to personal likes and dislikes. I find it very exciting. They have many static displays as well as lots in the air.Their are some really good images of last years show on the site if you click on the Red Flag and Nellis link.As far as a lens for that show I could be wrong but I think Joerg took those with his Olympus C2100 2.2 megapixel with a 10x optical zoom. Iam sure that Gary could give you way better info and he will probably post.Hope this helps
Hank

In Reply to: Somewhat OT: Camcorders & airshows questions posted by Brian on June 29, 2003 at 15:02:44 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]