Bird of Freedom: The F-35

Message posted by wolfbane on April 06, 2003 at 21:20:52 PST:

For DLR consumption:

In the late 1950's the Northrop Company introduced it's private venture fighter (N-156) dubbed the Freedom Fighter.

Lately, there has been a re-newed interest and participation in the works of what it really means to be free and the liberty that all (yes, I said all) USA
citizens enjoy.

When I (along with millions of other Americans and the world) watched as the two towers fell, and the Pentagon suffered a direct hit, my American pride was
reborned. Tears fell (and I never cry, but I cried that day).

When the US went after the master-mind behind the tragedy of the two towers, the operation was called Enduring Freedom. Now we bring freedom and liberty to Iraq; under operational name - Iraqi Freedom.

The next US military combat up is the F-35 (aka X-35),
which does does not yet have a name. I suggest it be named for all those that stand for freedom, some of which have giving their lives for freedom.

The Lockheed Martin F-35 should be named the "Bird of
Freedom." This name would be in line for the USAF which has a thing for naming their combat aircraft types after birds, and for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.

And, I don't want to seem too soppy here, but: The Stars and Stripes still fly, so does the Eagle, that protects the Dove of Peace, which can fly in freedom.
And me, I'll gladly lay down my life to defend the liberty and freedom of those that support the military at this time in what they are doing, and especially those that protest and dis-agree with what's happening. I defend them the most; if for nothing else other than to give the right to do so.

The motto of the activities at Groom Lake are thus:
Battle Born, added to the motto of the State of Nevada itself - "All for my country." Everyone that is American an those that strive to be free, need heed those words. As for the Stars & Stripes, all I can say is "Oh, Can You See.!"

Wolfbane
via
Dreamland X-Press

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]