Re: History?

Message posted by Ed Ponist on March 26, 2003 at 16:33:07 PST:

Chris- Don't let your patriotism blind you from historical fact. Yes, I'm with you: that the United States has done many positives in the past. We must, however, balance our patriotism with the political realities of our contry. You might think I'm one of those hyper critical people who questions everything our country does. With 20 years of military service (retired as an artillery officer in the US Army Reserves) and getting a pension at age 60 I can, and I will question our government because- as a veteran, I know the importance of checks and balances- I know that the civilian arm runs the military- I know that the civilian arm, if it makes a wrong decision (i.e Vietnam and yes I'm a Vietnam era veteran) will cost military lives. It will also cause civilian lives as well. Our Constitution is rooted in checks and balances. So I look at our history with Iraq, I look at the decisions made, and I can come to a conclusion which does not support this war. As an American Citizen and as a veteranI believe in a duty to inform. If the information is rejected that's fine-however, I feel it must be published, and I feel it must be brought to the surface for debate. Burying the past with lies, fabrication and ridicule will only make people dig more in search of the truth. And I think (perhaps?) that this website was designed to uncover the truth (unless it is a clever site with the sole purpose of disinformation).....

In Reply to: History? posted by Chris McDowell on March 26, 2003 at 12:47:35 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]