Re: Dear Webmaster (OT)-lets not get things confused

Message posted by Woody on March 25, 2003 at 8:26:03 PST:

As a veteran of the first gulf war, many of my freinds think that I am 'gung-ho' for this one. I am absolutely not. In fact, I didn't exactly agree with the fact that we were in the first one either, but I was the one that signed on the dotted line to join the military and had to accept the fact that I was going there.

There have been many opinions about the war, and I don't really care to get too deep into mine in this forum. I would like to say, however, that the troops are out there because they were ordered to go, not because they woke up one morning and decided they wanted to start a war. We all need to discern between not supporting the war and not supporting the troops- there is a monumental difference.

If you recall, the troops that came back from Vietnam were proverbially spit on when they returned after risking their lives for months and years. They went through a type of HELL that none of us could fathom- not even myself. We don't need that ever again.

Lets focus our opinions on where they need to go- to our government and specifically the president. Please show respect to the troops; they did not ask to be in the middle of this. And when they return, lets all show them the respect and honor they deserve, regardless of how you feel about the policies of this administration.

Woody

In Reply to: Dear Webmaster (OT) posted by Toms on March 24, 2003 at 15:22:46 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]