Re: Interesting

Message posted by lone wolf on February 26, 2003 at 19:46:15 PST:

It looks to me that the inbound Groom flights go west of route 95, probably on a vector to the Beatty VOR, but then take a turn a bit north west of Mercury, and head for the Groom VOR.

Outbound flights from Groom probably target the Mercury VOR, but then turn toward vegas east of route 95.

As Joerg pointed out, the flights at LAS often arrive within minutes of each other, thus it is very likely some are from the TTR and some are from Groom. If you hang out around Mt. Sterling, you will have many Janets go over head, though it's not all that clear to which base they are headed. I think observing a bit north of Mt. Sterling would be a better vantage point, i.e. closer to the point where the planes diverge.

BTW, I caught n27ra flying to EDW at around 04:56AM in the playback. [In this respect passur is better than flytecomm since the small janets don't show up on flytecomm. No planes showed up in flytecomm for arrival at EDW either.] Janet flights tend to be the only ones in the air at o-dark-thirty, so you can find them pretty quickly on the display. Just reset the "clock" data field by 5 mintue or so increments until a new plane pops up on the display. Once you get to about 8AM, there are too many planes in the air to play that game.

In Reply to: Re: Interesting posted by Vincent on February 26, 2003 at 13:26:31 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]