Military Air corridors over US Midwest

Message posted by October Six on February 25, 2003 at 18:06:14 PST:

I live in Northern Ohio, near Lake Erie. I believe that over the past year or so, I have observed what appear to be B2A 'Spirit', and possibly B1B 'Lancer' aircraft at high altitude, apparently in transit. All aircraft have been flying roughly both east and west. I saw the largest concentration during the week after Sept. 11th when all commercial aircraft were grounded, so they were certainly military. I want to know if my observations are correct, and if so, why would bombers based to the west be flying EAST, towards Europe, when any current potential combat zones have shorter routes to the WEST.
Additionaly, I have observed (about 10 years ago, and I will admit I was only 8 or so at the time) what appeared to be advanced aircraft over Lake Erie, East of Cleveland. There were multiple sonic booms, and a low flying triangular shaped aircraft, with, estimating by the size of the houses it flew over, a 100ft wingspan. This report is old, and I don't remember everything very clearly, except that I have always had an interest in aircraft, and know that this happened.
If anyone can shed anylight on these mysteries, please post or email me.

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]