Re: Is Increased Gov't Security Due to "Orange" Threat Level a Problem for A51 Viewers?

Message posted by lone wolf on February 13, 2003 at 12:24:39 PST:

I checked that "contract" website and the MDARS contract was awarded about a year ago. (see link) I do link the fancy lawn mower that can capture an intruder as well.

I've been searching that contract website for the last week or so, though I haven't posted all the interesting hits from it as there are too many. Note that Edwards has a request for encryption hardware for their radio system. One thing I was researching was the use of radiax on military installations. [Radiax is a leaky coax. It is used in two-way radios or pagers for operation inside building rather than outdoor line of sight transmission.] A few military installations have requested radiax, but only for paging. The reason I brought it up is the operation near Groom Lake seems to be relatively quiet as far as radio traffic. You can hear the trunk system, but it is not very busy, certainly not as busy as Edwards.

Attached link: mdars

In Reply to: Re: Is Increased Gov't Security Due to "Orange" Threat Level a Problem for A51 Viewers? posted by aaron johnson on February 13, 2003 at 1:47:04 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]