Re: Powells Speech

Message posted by Andre' M. Dall'au on February 06, 2003 at 11:20:38 PST:

The biggest difference between George W. Bush and those who think that we shouldn't go to war, is he is accountable for his decisions and the people who don't are NOT accountable for their position. If we do not attack and eliminate Iraq as a regional threat, and they use weapons of mass destruction that causes global havoc, I really DON'T think I will see the heads of certain European countries and liberal talking heads rushing to claim the responsibility and paying for the cost of being wrong with their careers and restitutions - if Bush is wrong I KNOW he will HAVE to take center stage for a public drum-head tribunal. BIG difference.

Never let someone make a decision that is not accountable for it's outcome.

Even if Bush IS wrong, and Saddam does NOT possess weapons of mass destruction and we attack, then all we've done is terminate the regime of a well-known despot that is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands), the invasion and looting of a neighboring country, and PROBABLY supported the 9/11 terrorists. OK by me and about 60% of the rest of America.

We've made the righteous case the Iraq has failed to abide by UN Res 4114, but now the issue is "how much" they are in non-compliance. Hey, "guilty with an explaination" doesn't work here, "penetration, however slight" does.

Start the war by sticking a TLAM in Saddam's left ear launched by one of our beloved black project aircraft, and finish it by nationalizing their oil. Hey, the war may not be for oil, but it's a way to pay for having to keep world peace surrounded by weak and back-stroking allies. Once Iraq is aligned then we ought to give the Saudi princes a present of a oil-rig bit that can drill for oil through glass as a reminder that even though they got the oil, and all the comforts that money can buy and foreign tech support can operate, we still know them for what they are - fair weather friends that would as soon see us in ruin over us defeating fellow Arabs, and although they got sand, Camels, and Philipino domestic care servents, they still don't have weapon like we do that can turn their sand a toasty 20,000 degrees Farenheiht. Now, I'm not advocating that we attack our friends the Saudis, but I would like them to know that most Americans known them for what they are, and they bear watching, closely.

OK this is OT but since we will be waging a high-tech war based a lot on stuff we've been seeing, but not being told about, it does bear hearing both sides, and pinning down the opposition to force their equal accountabily for their point of view. That usually is reserved for those brave individuals that back up their decisions with their lives and careers, unlike the Barbra Strisands of the world that wish to influence world politics, but are strangely absent when it doesn't go their way.

By the way - didn't she said she and others would leave the US if Bush got elected. OK Barb you and Brolin, if you want accountability for our leaders' actions start with yourself and pick another country of your chosing and begone.

Oh well, just my thoughts.
Andre'

In Reply to: Re: Powells Speech posted by BobM on February 05, 2003 at 14:09:45 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]