Re: More UCAV Possiblities

Message posted by gary on January 07, 2003 at 15:58:35 PST:

I use the "primium" Chinese binoculars. I suggest getting 12x60 rather than 10x50. I find 12x is the limit of what I can use without a tripod. Since the amount of light from 12x magnification is less than 10x magnification, get a slightly largers aperture (60mm versus 50mm). If you look around, you should be able to find them in either normal or wide angle (generally they have a "WA" in the name). I prefer the wide angle, but you get some distortion in straight lines and the image is not as sharp at the extremes. It's a bit difficult to explain, but the wide angle versions give you a bit more view.

The Chinese binocs I use are "visioner" [not a typo] and can be found on the net under that name and a few others. If you go to www.astrmart.com, then navigate to the "telescope warehouse" in Las Vegas, you can contact Bill Vorce who sells them and other binocs at good prices. The nice thing about getting them right in Vegas is Bill had a few brands there to use for comparision. For daylight viewing, the better binocs aren't that much better. Star viewing is a different story.

In Reply to: Re: More UCAV Possiblities posted by Aaron Johnson on January 07, 2003 at 14:08:08 PST:

Replies:

[ Discussion Forum Index ] [ FAQ ]